Tuesday, March 20, 2012

New Fantasyland

If there is one thing I can't wait for, it's New Fantasyland. I'm wondering if they'll keep that name after the unveiling. I wish I'd taken the train all around Magic Kingdom--I probably could have had a real good look at all the construction. Oh well!!

This is what I hear is coming (of course you can find this all on plenty of websites): an expanded Dumbo ride (2 rides next to each other), The Great Goofini roller coaster (same thing as The Barnstormer in Toon Town but revamped), The Little Mermaid ride (can't wait!!) with Prince Eric's castle at the entrance (it looks kind of small though), The Seven Dwarfs Mining roller coaster, Beast Castle (really, really can't wait for this), and a kind of French village themed around Beauty and the Beast including Maurice's house where Belle will tell stories, and Gaston's bar (he really does use antlers in all of his decorating). Pretty cool!

In the meantime they have these fences all around, some with cute designs like these (click on them for full-size views):





I'm guessing the above left is the Little Mermaid ride, or part of the mining roller coaster, and above right is Dumbo's circus tent.

Ok I guess it was the Little Mermaid ride--this is Prince Eric's castle.

Link
Above is Beast Castle. Wow!! I'm so curious.. I wonder if the rocks will be all around it and if we'll have access inside. There's supposed to be a restaurant inside.

These fences were directly across from the teacups and the Winnie the Pooh and Snow White rides. Toon Town is gone.

Also the Great Thunder Mountain Railroad was closed!! I doubt this had anything to do with the expansion, but it also makes me very curious. Hopefully it's up and running again by now!

It all made me want to buy this T-shirt (although they tended to have more awesome shirts for men than for women). I will post about the awesome souvenir Mike got for me on our last day :) coming up next.

No comments:

Post a Comment