Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Christmas at the Springs

This is my first holiday season in Florida, so of course I had to check out how Disney does Christmas at the Springs!  Jim & I made Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar our first stop.  I loved their Autumn Smash last time I visited, so I was eager to try their winter seasonal beverages!  This one was called the Holly Jolly Kali Punch: "Mola Ram's favorite holiday libation! Absolut Mandarin Vodka and Southern Comfort with Lime Juice, White Cranberry Juice, Passion Fruit, and a splash of Ginger Ale."



It was delicious!  We then did some shopping at World Of Disney, Basin, and Tren-D.  There was an adorable soap sculpture of Olaf in the middle of Basin:


We then checked out the tree trail!  There were trees themed after all sorts of Disney movies.  Jim pointed out the chalk art on the ground by the entrance:


Lilo and Stitch:

Minnie Mouse:

Princess and the Frog:

A cute detail:

101 Dalmations:

Muppets (I wish there were some eyes or something more Muppety on this tree!):

Tangled:

I thought the long braid wrapped around the tree was super cute!  And the hand-painted lanterns!

I loved the dragon on the Mulan tree!

Jungle Book:

Mary Poppins:
 Jim pointed out the spoonful of sugar!!  So cute!

Cinderella:


Beauty and the Beast!  They had cute Beauty and the Beast garlands in the World of Disney, not for sale but as decoration!  I don't quite get the red ribbons on this tree, and it was kind of.. thin.. but cute anyway!!

It left me feeling rather crafty, like I should have a themed tree in my apartment next year, or make my own ornaments (spoonful of sugar, anyone?)! 

This was one of the big trees, in the spot where the Mickey jack-o-lantern had been for Halloween.  Here's a picture of me in front of it for scale:



We then hit Goofy's Candy Company, which was full of holiday cheer!

 I wish they were selling wrapping paper like the display panels!

Santa Mickey and Minnie (and Sorcerer) apples:

Snowflake and Santa apples:

Santa Mickey cupcakes and Mickey Christmas tree!

Giant Mickey sugar cookies:

Cutie little cake ball:

Candy cane chocolate-dipped marshmallows, so cute!

Shortbread and gingerbread Mickeys:

Blurry shot because I was called next for purchase!  But this is cute melted snowman bark!

Then we made a stop at Hanes' Design-a-Tee so I could make my mom a custom shirt!  We saw these cute Disney Springs sample shirts and I think I want to make my own!
Christmas music played throughout the park, and you could even visit Santa!  Santa Goofy was set to replace Santa for Christmas Eve!  I won't be back in time to meet him (shame!) but the Starbright  Holidays drone show will continue through Jan 8!  Jim and I missed it because we were hanging out at Raglan Road's Hole in the Wall outdoor pub, and when we realized what time it was and paid our tab, it was over!  The show was slated to begin at 8:30 and we were out by 8:36 and the show was over!  So, if you're hoping to catch it, there are 2 performances nightly at 7pm and 8:30pm and you have to be there WHEN IT STARTS!  We spoke to a family afterwards who said it was not to be missed, but yes, very short!






Next up: Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party!!


No comments:

Post a Comment