Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Oh Boy! I'm going to MNSSHP!!!

If you aren't up with the hip lingo, you're probably thinking, "Should I call a doctor?" or, "No!  Don't MNSSHP on my shoes!"  Settle down, friends.  It's only an acronym for Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party (although the acronym is nearly as long-winded to say as the full name itself).

Believe me, I feel spoiled to be going to the wonderful world of Disney twice in one year.  I also feel lucky.  I can't wait!!  It's going to be a special father-daughter trip.  My dad is waaay overdue for a trip to Disney.  And, since we're going in October, we're also attending MNSSHP.  There's a great website that explains what it is, followed by pictures and videos of celebrations from the year(s) past.  There's also a great blog I found, written by a mother of two who takes her kids regularly to the parks.  She's prepared to give us the skinny about MNSSHP 2012 after she attends the first day!

While I try to contain myself, I have to let some of the magic spill out of me.  I painted my nails in this Mickey-inspired design this afternoon:


A little messy around the edges, I know, but what are you gonna do.  (I know, I'm supposed to roll a q-tip in nail polish remover & clean it up, but we don't have q-tips)  Anyway, that'll keep me excited every time I look at my nails for about a week!!  :)  I'm thinking I'll do Disney-inspired nails up until the big trip (and probably after, too!) which I will, of course, post here on my blog.

If you feel inspired to paint your nails Disney, too, here's a video I just watched on how to make Lion King-inspired nails!  (It looks pretty difficult and requires a few tools, but where people use "dotters," I use toothpicks, if that helps!!)

In the meantime, I'll be planning away!  (and maybe posting that Tokyo Disneyland Part II)....

No comments:

Post a Comment