Friday, January 1, 2016

Duffy Goes to Hong Kong

On our October '15 trip, I was very excited to meet Duffy, the Disney bear, as I had in 2012.  At that time, he was in his pumpkin suit, greeting visitors to the left of the entrance for the World Showcase.  This time, it was Daisy who was greeting guests, so I decided to come back later for whenever Duffy was due.

Duffy was never due--it seemed to be Daisy's new spot.  We didn't ask anyone, but we got some news before we left the park.  I have my own little Duffy with magnetic hands and feet (and back of head) who we had in our PhotoPass photo in front of Spaceship Earth.  The photographer said, "Oh, Duffy!  That makes me so sad!"  We asked why, and she said it was Duffy's last day a few days earlier, and that he was going off to Hong Kong Disney!


This was a display at one of the Downtown Disney stores--it had tons of cute stuff, plus a large array of Duffy merch.  This giant Duffy happened to be in that pumpkin costume I remembered!  They were still selling the bears you can dress up, purses of his face, and lots of outfits.  I don't know if they'll be phasing Duffy out of the park completely, but all I know for right now is that he is no longer greeting guests in WDW.  I wonder if he is in CA, and I wonder if we have seen the last of him!  I know he originated in Tokyo Disney, and I guess he did not catch on over here.  Sorry, Duff!

No comments:

Post a Comment