Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Disney and DSW... WDWSW?

Many of us ladies love shoes.  Many of us also happen to love Disney.  So it only seems natural that Disney and DSW have collaborated to make a collection of fancy shoes inspired by Cinderella called "The Glass Slipper Collection."

I was at the mall, trying not to drag my boyfriend into the Disney Store for the thousandth time (because nothing much has changed since yesterday... of course, how would I know?  I didn't go in.)  when we walked by DSW.  Fortunately DSW is a store for all.  Male, female, adult, child... (you figure out who's who) so we walked in.  And I gasped when I saw the big sign with the blonde lady in a big poofy wedding dress and the words "Glass Slipper" written under her.  I thought, I have found my wedding shoes!  (Of course there's no wedding I'm planning for yet, but still, a girl must always be on her toes... no pun intended)  So I was able to get my Disney fix for the day.

Here's a short youtube video on the collaboration.  It reminds me of a cooking competition show when he presents the shoes to whoever is sitting there listening.  Here's the official website, though I must say I saw a pair I really got excited over in the video that didn't make it to the shelves.  It was the white pair with the big white puffball at the toe.  It's just so adorable & reminds me of Tinkerbell.  Of course I've been looking for shoes with a poof at the toe for ages and just when I find one it's not even being made.  The one I like the best of the available shoes is the "Charming Sandal" in light blue.  That one really says "Cinderella" to me!

And I can't believe the video didn't mention this, nor did I see it on the website--there is a "diamond" inlay on the outside of the sole of each shoe!  SO glad I took a picture:


How adorable is that??  I'd call it the "piece de resistance!"  I felt like Becky Brandon (nee Bloomwood) from the Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella (I just finished reading the last book of the series and I'm pretty bummed that there isn't a "next one" I can read yet... sorry, I had to vent about it somewhere).  There's this one part in the books when she's buying shoes that have a tiny fruit at the toe or the buckle and it sounds so cute.  The peach ones have a little peach, the purple would have grape and so on...  My photo doesn't represent it in all its shiny glory, but trust me.  It was special.  Here's the whole shoe I was holding:


It was pretty uncomfortable, of course, because I'm not a Disney Princess and don't spend all my time in platform 3" heels (although, which ones really do?  I feel like the last few have been running around barefoot the whole movie.  At least Rapunzel.  And Pocahontas.  Jasmine wore sensible flats).  I was hoping this collaboration might expand to include all the Disney Princesses, especially Pocahontas, and they can have all kinds of awesome moccasins with a little feather on the bottom of the sole.  Come on, Disney, talk to me.  I have quite a few ideas...

No comments:

Post a Comment